Friday, September 21, 2018

Revitalize and Renew



I'm tired. I'm exhausted. I'm worn out by the pervasive negativity that seeks to create a dingy, discolored aura around so many things in this world. I used to love reading the news. BBC.com was and is my jam, and I am an NPR junky, but now I approach both media outlets with a hint of hesitation, where before was simply an eagerness to be in the know on a global scale.

I take my news with my morning coffee, and on my daily commute to and from various activities. Now however, it is no longer the voice calling me from darkness, elevating me above ignorance; it is something I take with a serious grain of salt, because even the most reputable news outlets seem to be on a reckless mission to drive their ratings up, up and away through creating a sense of fear in the public domain.

Because I refuse to be ignorant however, I listen and I read. I pilfer what I find to be most credible from the pile and go with that. I'm still tired though, of the process itself. I decided early this morning, right around 5 am when I was awakened by my bright eyed four-year-old and asked if it was time to get up, that I was going to do something to shift the focus, to change the dialogue. Then I remembered this blog, which was started for this very reason, and which I haven't touched in almost five years.

When I asked myself what was something impacting and manageable that I could steer, this was the answer, a relaunching of something I started but didn't see through-The Gold Lining.

So, where does this leave me? Well, it takes me to a reiteration of the mission of this blog, which is to reinforce the fact that there is hope and there is good  on a local, national and global scale, and this is what I want to focus on, even if it is for only a short time each week.

I want balance.

I need your help though. I need your stories. If you are so inclined to share how you or someone you know has overcome adversity and rocked it, or is going through that adversity right here and now but sees hope through it all, tell me, and I will tell all those willing to tune in.

My oh so wise four-year-old told me the other day, that Friday was "peace day", and she was right. I could not think of a better day to start-up this project again, but remember, in order to do so, I need your assistance. If you are not inclined to share, I hope you will occasionally read, and perhaps the stories you find here will succeed in leaving a touch of gold in the lining of your life as it stands right now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment